qpid-users mailing list archives

From ali hadi <ali25h...@gmail.com>
Subject Dispatch Router prefetch
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 13:20:01 GMT
Hello,

We are using a cluster with one Dispatch Router version 1.5.0 and one
Broker-J version 7.1.0 on which we created a queue with a TTL of 5 seconds .

We are noticing that the dispatch is prefetching messages from the broker (
messages become in acquired state ) as soon as the consumer establishes a
connection with the dispatch and before starting consuming. This is causing
the messages to not be discarded after the TTL expires and the consumer
receiving the expired message.

We tried changing the linkCapacity on the level of the connector to 1 which
allowed us to prefetch one message only instead of the default 250.

We are trying to find a way to remove completely the prefetch of the
dispatch in order to have the correct behavior from the TTL with our
cluster.

Are there any flags or properties to be set in order for the dispatch to
only fetch a message on consumer demand?

Thank you,

Ali