qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router prefetch
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 15:24:48 GMT
On 06/03/2019 1:20 pm, ali hadi wrote:
> We are using a cluster with one Dispatch Router version 1.5.0 and one
> Broker-J version 7.1.0 on which we created a queue with a TTL of 5 seconds .
>

> We are noticing that the dispatch is prefetching messages from the broker (
> messages become in acquired state ) as soon as the consumer establishes a
> connection with the dispatch and before starting consuming. This is causing
> the messages to not be discarded after the TTL expires and the consumer
> receiving the expired message.
>

> We tried changing the linkCapacity on the level of the connector to 1 which
> allowed us to prefetch one message only instead of the default 250.
>

> We are trying to find a way to remove completely the prefetch of the
> dispatch in order to have the correct behavior from the TTL with our
> cluster.
>
> Are there any flags or properties to be set in order for the dispatch to
> only fetch a message on consumer demand?

When using autolinks, the autolink for messages from the broker to the
router will at present be activate as soon as there is an active
receiver for the messages, whether or not that receiver has credit. In
message routing the credit is not directly propagated from client to broker.

If you use a link route then credit would be propagated directly, i.e.
only when your client issues credit will the link between broker and
router get credit (and it will be the exact same amount).