qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: SpringBoot 2.1.3 Qpid client(6.3.3) high cpu when broker shutdown
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2019 08:51:33 GMT
On 06/03/2019 11:40 pm, lizzrd wrote:
> I have a Springboot 2.1.3 application that is using Qpid client 6.3.3 to
> connect to a qpid broker.  This is a receiving application that uses a
> "org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer" with
> ConcurrentConsumers set to 5.  Whenever I shutdown the broker,  the cpu on
> the client climbs to 100%.  We I restart the broker the application does not
> reconnect.
>
> If I replace the 6.3.3 Qpid client with version 0.32, the application
> behaves as expected. Loop every 5 seconds trying to reconnect and with
> resume with the broker is brought online.
>
> If I use 6.3.3 Qpid client with 1 ConcurrentConsumers, it seems to behave in
> a way I would expect.
>
> I have tried other version of Qpid Client, it seems anything newer than 0.32
> has the same behavior.
>
> It there something I am missing?

There are two entirely different JMS clients. One is the AMQP 1.0
version and is the one I would recommend:
https://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/index.html. The latest version of
that is 0.40.0

The other supports older, pre-1.0 versions of AMQP. I would only use
this if you have a specific need to use one of the older protocols. Both
qpid brokers support and encourage AMQP 1.0 now. This client is at
version 6.3.3: https://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/amqp-0-x.html