From "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: None to indicate EOS [was Re: [mod_python] Filter chaining bug]
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:59:51 GMT

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Gary Benson wrote:

> Is there any reason why the EOS isn't sent by the filterobject's
> destructor?

Yes, the filter can be destroyed before EOS. A filter context is created
for every time the pass_brigade is called, and that can be anywhere from
one to infinity.

It might be possible to hide the EOS by looking for it inside the
filter.read()'s implementation, setting some flag in the filter object,
then send it out before the filter is destroyed, but it seemed like too
much magic for me, so I figured that the compromise is to force the
developer to deal with the EOS directly.

Grisha