From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject New download page to use mirrors
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:58:11 GMT
Grisha,

As part of the ASF infrastructure, we want to rely upon our mirrors
for users to download releases.  Therefore, we shouldn't directly
link to http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython.

So, I added a Mod_python download page on the httpd.apache.org site
that links to the mirrors using our mirror system.  Can you please
change the link on modpython.org to point to this page rather than
/dist/httpd/modpython?  (A bunch of hits off httpd.apache.org were
Mod_python downloads!)

The page is:

http://httpd.apache.org/modules/python-download.cgi

Feel free to tweak any of the wording in
httpd-site/xdocs/modules/python-download.xml, but it'll do for now.
=)  If you have any questions about how to generate the httpd-site
repository and update the site, please let me know.

Also, you should be signing each release with your PGP key and
generating MD5 signatures.  Note that the mirror page is currently
linking to non-existing PGP and MD5 signatures!

I will also point you at:

http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html

which gives an overview on how we like our projects to be arranged so
that they can be efficiently mirrored.  For example, you might want
to rearrange it so that you aren't using an 'old/' directory.

Thanks!  Please let me know if you have any questions.  -- justin