From Josh Hoyt <j...@janrain.com>
Subject mod_python and Python 2.3
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:44:09 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to get mod_python working with python 2.3, and I've run into
some problems related to module importing. For some reason, it fails to
import the site module. The same setup works with Python 2.2, so I'm
pretty sure that it has something to do with the Python version and not
the configuration. Running with Python in verbose mode, the following
shows up in the apache error log file:

[...]
# trying /home/josh/scratch/python/lib/python2.3/site.py
# /home/josh/scratch/python/lib/python2.3/site.pyc matches /home/josh/scratch/python/lib/python2.3/site.py
import site # precompiled from /home/josh/scratch/python/lib/python2.3/site.pyc
[...]
'import site' failed; traceback:
ImportError: No module named site
[...]

I've attached the full error log in case there are any details there
that I failed to make clear in the excerpts above.

This problem appears with:
Python 2.3a1, Apache 1.3.20, mod_python 2.7.6 or 2.7.8
Python 2.3a1, Apache 2.0.43, mod_python 3.0.1

It goes away with Python 2.2.2.

Any ideas about where to go from here?

Thanks,
Josh Hoyt