From Chris Monson <ch...@bouncingchairs.net>
Subject Fix for ConnectionDispatch
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:01:47 GMT
I have been playing with the lastest mod_python release and have
discovered a bug in the ConnectionDispatch method in apache.py.

The bug looks like a cut-n-paste error, with references to filter.dir
and filter.name everywhere.  The latest CVS version of apache.py removes
most but not all of these.  This does not normally pose a problem if the
connection handling script is perfect.  However, if it is faulty and has
parse or other errors, they will not show up in the error log as was
intended.

I have created a patch for the problem.  It is included below.

I am just now beginning to work with mod_python, but I am well versed in
both Python and Apache (usage and internals) and I am interested in
helping out where I can.  Please let me know if I am going about this in
the wrong way (e.g., I should not be posting to this list, you hate
inlined patches, you already knew about this and are working on it
thank-you-very-much, etc.).  :)

mod_python-is-cool-ly yours,

Patch included here:
*** apache.py    2003-02-25 16:16:58.000000000 -0700
--- apache.py.new    2003-02-25 16:17:42.000000000 -0700
***************
*** 160,168 ****
              # Any other rerror (usually parsing)
              try:
                  exc_type, exc_value, exc_traceback = sys.exc_info()
-                 filter.disable()
                  result = self.ReportError(exc_type, exc_value,
exc_traceback, srv=conn.base_server,
!                                           phase=filter.name,
hname=handler, debug=debug)
              finally:
                  exc_traceback = None

--- 160,167 ----
              # Any other rerror (usually parsing)
              try:
                  exc_type, exc_value, exc_traceback = sys.exc_info()
                  result = self.ReportError(exc_type, exc_value,
exc_traceback, srv=conn.base_server,
!                                           phase="ConnectionHandler",
hname=handler, debug=debug)
              finally:
                  exc_traceback = None