From "Michael A. Josephson" <mike-li...@josephson.org>
Subject Auth problem with publisher handler and Opera browser?
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 11:43:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is something that should be fixed in modpython's
publisher handler and/or if it should be reported as a bug in Opera.

Using the version of the publisher handler that's included with
mod_python-2.7.8, if I set a script to require authentication (by
assigning a userlist to __auth__) then Opera (6.x and 7.x) gives "The
server requested a login authentication method that is not supported" when
you call the script.

I think this is caused by publisher.py putting spaces between the equals
character and the value of the realm attribute on the WWW-Authenticate
header.

e.g. at the moment, publisher sends:

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm = "MyApp"

If I edit publisher.py to output: