From "Michael C. Neel" <n...@mediapulse.com>
Subject RE: Talking about PSP: Internals
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:55:34 GMT
Inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fraser [mailto:davidf@sjsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 4:31 AM
To: Jack Diederich
Cc: python-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Talking about PSP: Internals

Jack Diederich wrote:

> [...]

With the amount of posts this list sees, I think these few OT posts just
took the S/N ratio up 200% =p

>>Is HTMLgen dead upstream? I maintain the debian package but there
>>hasn't been a release in a long time.
>>

>I like HyperText http://dustman.net/andy/python/HyperText/
>Extremely simple HTML generation
>  row = HTML.TD('this is the text', colspan=3, bgcolor='red') It is
>completely HTML4.0 compliant, to the point it won't let you set
>properties that aren't in the spec.  I've patched my local version to
>add some of the defacto fields.
>

>Yes, I've seen this, it's a much better approach than HTMLgen I think.
Still like my idea of declarative
>objects... but you could probably use
>this to accomplish a similar thing with different syntax
>David

I'll look into this.  Sometimes I'm not constrained by a designers
"vision" and can produce the more basic html that these system usally
generate.  The only way to not have the "I only have a hammer, so every
problem is a nail" syndrom is to get a screwdriver =p

Mike