From "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:17:55 GMT

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, David Fraser wrote:

> In addition I would like to do some code to make FieldStorage a real
> dictionary... hopefully I can get that in in time

Keep in mind a couple of things - unlike dict, FieldStorage internally can
have duplicate keys, and keys are case-insensitive. Also, the public
interface to the object should be suggestive of read-only, e.g. it makes
sense for FieldStorage to have a get() method (which it does now), but
doesn't make sense to have a setdefault() because it modifies the object
by definition.

Grisha