From "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Session/mutex problem
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:11:18 GMT

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Barry Pederson wrote:

> (13)Permission denied: mod_python: Failed to reinit global modutex
> /tmp/mpmtx191750.
> ------------
> (modutex? typo there)

Probabaly just my fat-fingering :-)

> Looking in the /tmp folder, I found the mutex files with permissions
> such as:
>
> -rw-------  1 root    wheel    0 Aug 17 10:04 mpmtx191750
>
> So...I'm guessing the mutex files are created before apache forks and
> switches from the "root" user to the "www" user, and can't access those
> files?

That's weird - its the APR that creates the file, I'd imagine it should
set the permissions correctly... I never ran into this, but then I always
did all my testing as a non-root user, so the server never switched the
uid.

I'll check it out on my FreeBSD 4.8 box.

Thanks, BTW, for trying it out - we need more problem reports like this
:-)

Grisha