From David Fraser <dav...@sjsoft.com>
Subject Re: Status
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:05:44 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, David Fraser wrote:
>

>>In addition I would like to do some code to make FieldStorage a real
>>dictionary... hopefully I can get that in in time
>>

>Keep in mind a couple of things - unlike dict, FieldStorage internally can
>have duplicate keys, and keys are case-insensitive. Also, the public
>interface to the object should be suggestive of read-only, e.g. it makes
>sense for FieldStorage to have a get() method (which it does now), but
>doesn't make sense to have a setdefault() because it modifies the object
>by definition.
>
>Grisha

Part of the reason I was wanting to do this is the first thing I tend do
to with a FieldStorage object is convert it to a dictionary and get rid
of duplicate keys.
However, the duplicates could still be handled from within a dict object.
Case-insensitive is great, but could also be handled from within a dict
object.
And in fact I do modify the dict object I make from the FieldStorage
object ... to do things like automatically read in an attachment object,
etc.
The question is, are any of these ideas generally useful for modpython
or should I just keep doing my own thing?

David