From David Fraser <dav...@sjsoft.com>
Subject Re: Building on Windows...
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:04:02 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

>Given that there isn't a lot of feedback on this list, and given that I
>can't think of any changes/additions to the code as it is right now, I
>propose that we release it as 3.1.0 alpha with an announcement to a wider
>audience (the other list, and may be comp.lang.python), so that it can get
>more exposure and better testing.
>
>Grisha

Sounds great... While we're at releasing 3.1 alpha...
I'm trying to build modpython latest CVS for Windows from source.
However my standard build of apache 2.0.47 following
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html doesn't
seem to produce a variety of apxs, which modpython seems to need for
configure...
I've got Visual C++ 6.0, so I can't simply use the mod_python.vcproj in
src (which is for 7.0)
I do have mingw and cygwin though
There doesn't seem to be any documentation around on how to build
mod_python for Windows.
(I need to do this because I want to test with Python 2.3)
I'm not saying we neccessarily need heaps of documentation for the Alpha
release, but if someone can help me through it, I can test it.
And also, that would generate some documentation itself!

David

PS Sorry Grisha, forgot to include the list in the first reply