From David Fraser <dav...@sjsoft.com>
Subject Re: Alpha
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:39:18 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

>Thanks for the patch, I'll add that in. BTW - if you need more things to
>do, setup.py could dig out the version from ../src/include/mpversion.h,
>then we wouldn't need to have it autoconf-generated. :-)

Patch attached :-) This is just a patch to setup.py.in, so the rename to
setup.py can presumably take place (though I'm not sure about the @APXS@)
I used a regular expression to search it in the hope that it will be
fairly robust.
I hope I have got the paths right - you do run it from the parent as
dist/setup.py, right?

>On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, David Fraser wrote:
>

>>Basically it provides an alternative method which is still easier than
>>manually copying (it's not as nice as the tk method because
>>it doesn't guide you to the expected directory in the first place -
>>because there doesn't seem to be a nice way to do that in the win32 api!)
>>

>I wonder if it might be the current working directory, but that's just a
>guess.

No, it actually just displays the entire directory tree, and you have to
start from My Computer.
You can pass in a Root but then it only displays subdirectories of that!
Actually we should really look up the directory in the registry I guess

David