From David Fraser <dav...@sjsoft.com>
Subject Re: Please help test on 3.1.1b
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:25:41 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

>You can get the sneak preview of 3.1.1 beta here:
>
>http://www.modpython.org/tmp/3.1.1b/
>
>Please download it, then do the usual
>
>$ ./configure --with-apxs=/wherever/it/is
>$ make
>$ (su)
># make install
>
>Then
>
>$ cd test
>$ python test.py
>
>And see if any tests fail. I have tested this on FreeBSD 4.8 and OS X
>10.2.8, but not on Linux, as my Linux box is dead ATM. Also Solaris would
>be nice... (as well as Panther, if you have it).
>
>Also, Windows folks - please make sure that this binary isn't screwed
>like the last one. This one I think _really_ works with 2.3 :-)
>
>Please respond to the list with your results ASAP so we can announce this
>puppy!
>
>Thank you very much,
>
>Grisha

Yes! At last! Hurrah! It works!

Thanks for this Grisha! BTW, what was the fix? Also, I presume 3.1 will
still be Python-2.2 compatible... any chance of a binary?
OOTH I would be happy to create binaries for 3.0-branch Python 2.3 (I
know this would need patches) and/or 3.1-branch Python 2.2 if you can
help step me through the creation procedure.

David