From "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gri...@modpython.org>
Subject [mod_python] Long string being corrupted (fwd)
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:58:57 GMT

Here is another potential bug. I'm forwarding this to the dev list because
I know I won't be able to look at this in the next few days at least, but
if anyone has time, you are more than welcome.

Grisha

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:08:45 +1000
From: Lisa <lisa@stxx.com>
To: mod_python@modpython.org
Subject: [mod_python] Long string being corrupted

Hi All,

Apologies if my previous email makes/made it to the list, I didn't realise that my subscription
didn't work before sending it.

I'm having some trouble with returning a long string while using mod_python with publisher,
you can see an example of the output I'm receiving at http://www.stxx.com/test.txt

my test function is

def test():
    xx = range(0, 15000)
    ss = str()
    for x in xx:
        ss += str(x)+"\n"
    return ss

this works for the most part however there are garbage characters inserted at various places
in the return string, particularly following line 14139.

I'm running Apache/2.0.49 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3.3

When I run this same file from the command line it provides the correct output.

Any help would be most appreciated, apologies if this has come up before, I had a very hard
time finding anything which mentioned my problem (I did look)

Thanks
Lisa