From David Fraser <dav...@sjsoft.com>
Subject server cleanup functions run in restricted mode
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:31:26 GMT
Hi

It seems that server cleanup functions registered with
server.register_cleanup run in restricted mode.
I'm trying to use them to close a database connection and being run in
restricted mode causes problems.
I can't see in the code where this gets set, but I get the following error:
[Tue Apr 06 17:16:01 2004] [error] python_cleanup: Error calling cleanup
object <bound method jLogbookMultiServer.onshutdown of
<jLogbook.python.jlogbook.jLogbookMultiServer object at 0x00A62670>>
[Tue Apr 06 17:16:01 2004] [error]     exceptions.RuntimeError:
instance.__dict__ not accessible in restricted mode

Is there a reason that the server functions needed to be run in
restricted mode, or is there a better way I should do this?

David