From Miles Egan <mi...@pixar.com>
Subject possible bug in filter.write()
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:41:30 GMT
I think there may be a bug in the filter.write routine.  It seems that
if I write more than about 17k in one call I get a bunch of junk output
to the browser.  It looks like the output of previous requests so I'm
guessing that it's a buffer overflow of some kind.

Looking at the source of filterobject.c I see that mod_python doesn't
verify that the apr_bucket_alloc call in filter_write actually
allocates the requested number of bytes.  Could this be the source of
the problem?

--
miles egan
lord of the files