From Barry Pearce <barry.pea...@copyrightwitness.net>
Subject Re: util.py
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:19:58 GMT
Hi folks,

Whilst my efforts seem to have raised the limit from ISO files at 740Mb
to something higher it would appear that the problem is moving its way
around the file and DoS is still possible (basically straightforward
calls to readline need to be completely eliminated, and that the whole
FieldStorage class when uploading files is not very stable nor solid. I
now have problems with anything > 1Gb. (That said Firefox wont even
attempt to load a 6GB file as an upload but IE will..ho hum - i think
firefox is broken and there might be another bug report on the way!)

I have now got RFC1867 out. Im going to become fairly familiar with all
this fairly quickly. I will test the final code using:

Browser:
	Firefox (Win32/Linux)
	Opera (Win32/Linux)
	IE
	Konqueror
	Galeon
	Mozilla (Win32/Linux)
	Epiphany

Apache2 under Linux and Win32 (XP).

Ill repost the util when I am fully happy. Any comments on the previous
posting? Given that Im going to be diving in some detail?

Cheers,
Barry