From Jim Gallacher <jg.li...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [mod_python] Sessions performance and some numbers
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:52:37 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Jim Gallacher wrote:
>
>> That's how I read it as well, but it does raise an interesting
>> question. What happens if the first request is long running, such as
>> uploading or downloading a large file?
>

> That's something to be dealt with on the application side. You don't
> have to instantiate a session for every request. You can also
> explicitely unlock() it.

Thanks Grisha,

In my applicaiton I'm using sessions in my authenication scheme, so they
are always instantiated. Before this discussion came up it would not
have occurred to me to unlock the session explicitly. Potential headache
saved - thanks.

Also, I have a created version of FileSession.py that does independent
file locking. I'll post this in a separate message.

Regards,
Jim