From Barry Pearce <barry.pea...@copyrightwitness.net>
Subject Further file upload limits and content-length issues in mod_python.
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:50:30 GMT
Hi all,

Well I have been ivestigating things further - It looks like my last set
of changes got us to 2GB as a content-length. However this seems to be
where it stops....namely i have noticed that this appears to be because
of faults in the code which restricts content length to 32bit.

To start:

util.py ~ line 112 should not use int() to convert in python but should
use long():

        try:
            clen = long(req.headers_in["content-length"])
        except (KeyError, ValueError):
            # absent content-length is not acceptable
            raise apache.SERVER_RETURN, apache.HTTP_LENGTH_REQUIRED

This appears to be the only problem here. Any content > 2GB results in
BAD_REQUEST being sent to the client. The faults appear to reside in the
C code which constantly declare size for content-length using long
rather than something more appropriate such as 'long long'.

Im now investigating further...

--
Regards

Barry Pearce