From dharana <dhar...@dharana.net>
Subject Re: release? FileSession.py
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:30:07 GMT
Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Attached is my latest and hopefully greatest. :)  This version uses the
> grace_period idea to avoid race and/or deadlock issues and correctly
> register the filesession_cleanup method to run at the end of a request.
>
> In the original code there was a comment (from dharana?) about a random
> EOFError in the do_load method. I have not been able to reproduce this
> error but I left the comment in anyway.

No, it's not mine. I have yet to see it happen.

> Also, my comments for the filesession_cleanup function are rather
> verbose. Feel free to trim them as you see fit.
>
> Regards,
> Jim

I have tested this version's performance which was the driving force
behind the initial suggestion. Performance-wise, this FileSession
version is as fast as the first rough one without locking, grace times,
etc. The difference is less than 1 req/s in the 165 req/s' range.

I've switched my dev app to it and i will be using it daily from now on.

--
dharana