From Jim Gallacher <jg.li...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: release? FileSession.py
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:37:57 GMT
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>
>> OK so now I think we have a pretty good implementation of FileSession :)
>

> Excellent - now who's in favor of splitting Session into multiple files
> versus rolling FileSession inti Session.py?

+1 for splitting.

> I'm thinking that if the Session.py is split, then same should be done
> with Cookie.py for consistency and that's too much changes when we are
> in a pre-release stage.

Agreed. Since this is mainly a bug fix release, except for FileSession,
  I wouldn't shift things around too much.

> So I'm in favor of adding FileSession into Session.py for _this_ release
> with the plan to consider splitting Session.py and Cookie.py later.

I'm not sure I like the idea of merging FileSession into Session and
then splitting it back out in a future release. This just does not seem
all that graceful. If the plan is to split Session, then start with
FileSession as it will not impact any current code. When the ultimate
future split occurs at least some application code will not be broken.

Regards,
Jim