From "Graham Dumpleton" <grah...@dscpl.com.au>
Subject Re: Solving the import problem
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 01:52:56 GMT
Nick wrote ..
> I agree; the code there is relatively simple and will probably do the
> job for most people.  Keep it simple, and it can serve as an example for
> people who want to do something more sophisticated.  Or they can upgrade
> from publisher to vampire; honestly, if you like publisher I don't know
> why you *wouldn't* want to upgrade to vampire :)

Huh!

I actually don't like aspects of publisher, the vampire::publisher equivalent
of mod_python.publisher which addressed shortcomings in the later
was introduced purely to try and entice people to at least look at Vampire
and the other stuff it has to offer which I think is of more use than
publisher alone.

If we fix apache.import_module() and the other issues associated with
mod_python.publisher, there will not necessarily be a reason for people
to use Vampire if all they are interested in is publisher support. :-(

Graham