From Graham Dumpleton <grah...@dscpl.com.au>
Subject Re: The 3.2.0 release
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:25:16 GMT

On 08/06/2005, at 7:19 AM, Jim Gallacher wrote:
> MODPYTHON-37
> Add apache.register_cleanup()
>
>     According to the FAQ entry linked by Graham, this probably can't
> be done, so change it's status to closed?

Actually, I still believe it can be done, but from memory Grisha
expressed
reservations at the time about my thinking on how it could be achieved
so
I didn't pursue it any further at the time.

Not sure my current thoughts on it now are the same as what I pushing
earlier, but at the time the mod_python.c creates the interpreters and
loads the _apache module into each, it has access to the server_rec
struct
which is effectively what the Python serverobject is in part a wrapper
for.

As such, with perhaps a bit of initialisation at the time _apache is
setup
for each interpreter, one could provide a method in _apache which gives
access
to an instance of a serverobject. Having access to that, one could then
call
register_cleanup() on it to register the callback.

Graham