From "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [importing] Disabling of AutoReload
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:32:42 GMT

It's interesting how quickly the knowledge about the code you yourself
write evaporates without a trace... Somehow the point that import_module
cannot require a request object because you usually don't have access to
it at the beginning of your code where imports are usually done escaped
me..

After this realization, I'm now more inclined to push this until after
3.2, and for how just make sure it is well noted in the documentation that
import_module does not require a request object, but as a consequence it
is not affected by the configuration directives. This currently isn't
documented (in 3.1 at least).

Does this sound agreable?

P.S. On magic request caching - I think that if this works, then why not,
though I think it needs to be bounced around a little more. BTW - from the
code below:

>    _requestCache[thread].pop()

was this meant to be

 	del _requestCache[thread]