From Nick <n...@dd.revealed.net>
Subject Re: glue between apache and python logging
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:52:15 GMT
Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Nic Ferrier wrote:
>
>> Hello mod_python developers.
>>
>> I just joined this list (at the suggestion of Graham Dumpleton) to try
>> and get you guys to consider adding some glue to connect python >2.2
>> logging to Apache's logging.
>>
>> This means adding a small extra source file to the mod_python
>> codebase. Here's my example:
[snip]
> If the python logging module is meant to be the standard for logging
> then I'm not against it.
>
> However I'm not sure it'll be as simple as Nic's code indicates. I don't
> want to expand on my concerns until I have a chance to do some testing
> but in the mean time perhaps Nic could give an example of his usage?
> (This is a trick question. ;) )

I have done this before, and although I haven't checked this code, it is
as trivial to do as Nic makes it appear (my code was a bit different,
but it did essentially the same thing).  On the other hand, I'm not sure
including this code fits with Grisha's philosophy of mod_python being
what it is -- glue between Python and apache -- especially when this is
such a simple exercise to anyone who has read the logging docs.

Nick