From Nick <n...@dd.revealed.net>
Subject Re: glue between apache and python logging
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:09:54 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Yes, effectively the same as what I was doing. As I highlighted in prior
> email though about request cache implementations, not sure it would
> work correctly if an internal redirect occurred and both original handler
> and target of internal redirect had registered request object. One needs
> to use a stack for self.local.req and push/pop the request object on to
> it.

Hm, very well.  I never really considered the case of using the internal
redirect.  I'm an "old school" mod_python user, so I'm not up on all the
new features apache2 brings to the table.  Reading the docs, I would
suppose you could make use of req.prev somehow in these cases rather
than manually keeping a separate stack?  E.g. in my free_req function,
do "self.local.req = self.local.req.prev" (assuming if there hasn't been
an internal_redirect, req.prev is None).

> Your code would still work, but if anything was logged by the original
> handler after the internal redirect had returned, the request object will
> have been wiped out and it would not log through "req" but through
> "apache.log_error()" instead.

Right, that's the intention: provide a reasonable fallback.