From Nick <n...@dd.revealed.net>
Subject Re: glue between apache and python logging
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:03:07 GMT
Jim Gallacher wrote:
> I'm wondering where the PythonLogHandler directive might fit into the
> scheme of things. One problem of course is that any PythonLogHandler
> gets called *after* any PythonHandlers.

I believe the PythonLogHandler is used to intercept and handle logging in
apache itself.  For example, you could write log information to a database
in a PythonLogHandler rather than (or in addition to) AccessLog and ErrorLog
files.  But I'm going by what the mod_perl equivalent (which I've used)
does; I've never actually used a PythonLogHandler.

Not sure that it has any bearing on the logging handler as discussed, but I
could see someone's loghandler utilizing the logging module.

Now my head is spinning :)

Nick