From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: My plans for mod_python changes (260206).
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:34:54 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 04/03/2006, at 4:59 AM, Jim Gallacher wrote:
>

>> More in the way of a general observation rather than on these
>> specific issues, but I wouldn't necessarily mark things as resolved
>> just on the basis of the fix being committed. For the big changes  at
>> least, I think we should see some testing on a couple of  different
>> platforms. Maybe we could announce development milestones  and ask the
>> community for a round of testing? Issues would be  marked as resolved
>> after each milestone test cycle. That way we are  more likely to catch
>> problems early and hopefully reduce the time  it takes for the next
>> beta cycle. We should do whatever we can to  avoid the 7 months it
>> took to get 3.2 out. (Actually, it was even  longer than that, as
>> Grisha first mentioned a 3.2 release last  spring). Ideally trunk
>> would always be in a stable enough condition  that we could do a
>> release within a month of making a decision.
>

> Okay. Pity there isn't a status that a issue can be parked in meaning
> "waiting
> to be reviewed/tested", or did I just miss it.

Hey, good idea! I don't see an JIRA admin option to add a new status
setting, but it sure would be handy. Did you take a look in the JIRA
help? If not let me know and I'll dig around and see if there is
anything useful.

> BTW, shall I still start closing off issues fixed in 3.2.8 and earlier.

I've renamed 3.2 to 3.2.7 and set it to released in JIRA. Sorry for the
time lag on getting this done - I've been a little busy.

Jim