From "Dom. Orchard" <rif...@g615.co.uk>
Subject mod_python/sax bug.. (<3.1.4, 3.2.8)
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:00:30 GMT
Hi,
I'm in the middle of re-writing an application that uses mod_python for
serving to the web, and have decided to switch to an XML model to store
some information,
however, I encountered an issue that I don't quite understand, see this
short example that isolates the problem:

from xml.sax import make_parser, SAXException

def index(req):
        req.write("Hello...")

        try :
            test = make_parser()
        except SAXException:
            req.write("Failed")

        req.write("\n Can you see me?")

When I try to view this page I just get the "Hello..." text and then
nothing else, the program seems to terminate at the make_parser() call.
Which is most confusing. Run locally from the command prompt there are
no problems. I was using mod_python 3.1.4 in a hope to fix the problem I
downloaded 3.2.8, but this did not change anything.
Here is my Apache info (Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) mod_python/3.2.8 Python/2.4
PHP/5.0.4)
Does anyone else get this problem?
Could this be a potential bug, I'm not quite sure what would be causing
it though, some kind of serialization problem?

Regards,
Dominic Orchard