From Graham Dumpleton <grah...@dscpl.com.au>
Subject Re: My plans for mod_python changes (260206).
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:06:08 GMT

On 03/03/2006, at 1:55 PM, Jim Gallacher wrote:

>> Does this sound helpful, or does everyone just trust that I am not
>> going
>> to screw things up? :-)
>
> Hopefully people are reviewing the changes on the python-cvs

I haven't been committing in anything yet, I presume you mean JIRA.

Anyway, so far I've taken the attitude that I'll post up proposed
changes
to JIRA issue for a while. If no one says anything I'll check in the
ones
that I believe aren't going to be too controversial. That said, I
will commit
changes for the following over the weekend.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-133
     req.server.get_config() table object populated wrongly.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-134
     Setting PythonDebug to Off, doesn't override On setting in
parent scope.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-137
     Add req.server.get_options() for obtain PythonOption values set
at global level.

Those were in my TODO list. Have also added the following and will
commit these as well since I don't see any drama with these.

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-140
     util.redirect() returns wrong SERVER_RETURN status value

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-141
      Allow handlers to trigger proxying of requests.

Will defer on the following for the moment, until wider consensus
reached as to
whether new feature or change is okay.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-104
     Allow Python code callouts with mod_include (SSI).

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-109
     Signal handler calling Py_Finalize() when child processes being
killed.

I still haven't started on the following, but will do so over the
weekend.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-129
     HandlerDispatch doesn't treat OK/DECLINED result properly for
all phases.

After that I'll work out what I'll target for the next week or so.

Overall, have made good progress this past week. Will see how long I can
keep this up for. :-)

BTW, as I commit, I will if appropriate mark them as resolved. I am
also going
to start closing resolved issues fixed in 3.2.8 and earlier releases
as you suggested
as think it should be done. Means the list may be inundated with
emails though
unless there is a way to bulk update whereby it only sends one email
for the lot.

Graham