From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: 3.2.8 - Memory leaks with util.FieldStorage
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:23:32 GMT
Laurent Blanquet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using MOD_APACHE 3.2.8 (from binary dist). with Apache 2.0.55 under Windows XP Pro.
> I encounter memory leaks (~ 16 Ko per request) with a very basic handler like :
>
> import mod_python
> from mod_python import util
>
> def handler(req):
>     F=util.FieldStorage( req )
>     return mod_python.apache.OK
>
> And sending an HTTP request like :
>
> ====  Output from TCPWATCH ====
> POST http://localhost:80/python/Alertes.py HTTP/1.0
> Proxy-Authorization: Basic Og==
>
> ----------061006144341906
>
> LAST_ALERTS
> ----------061006144341906
>
> 180
>
> ----------061006144341906--
> ====
>
> Has somebody encountered the same problem ?
> Is there a turn-around  or a fix that can be forecasted ?

This is the first that this has been reported, so forecasting a fix is
difficult. It would be helpful if you created a JIRA issue at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON

util.FieldStorage is straight python code, so I'm surprised that it
would be leaking, particularly 16K per request. Can you offer any more
details? How are you testing, other mod_python Apache directives you may
be using an so on.

It's probably best to keep this discussion on the developer's list so
that the thread doesn't get muddled.

Jim