From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: 3.2.8 - Memory leaks with util.FieldStorage
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:26:09 GMT
Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Laurent Blanquet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using MOD_APACHE 3.2.8 (from binary dist). with Apache 2.0.55
>> under Windows XP Pro.
>> I encounter memory leaks (~ 16 Ko per request) with a very basic
>> handler like :
>>
>> import mod_python
>> from mod_python import util
>>
>> def handler(req):
>>     F=util.FieldStorage( req )       return mod_python.apache.OK

>> Has somebody encountered the same problem ?
>> Is there a turn-around  or a fix that can be forecasted ?
>
> This is the first that this has been reported, so forecasting a fix is
> difficult. It would be helpful if you created a JIRA issue at
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON
>
> util.FieldStorage is straight python code, so I'm surprised that it
> would be leaking, particularly 16K per request.

That was a stupid statement on my part since FieldStorage does call some
mod_python code that *is* written in C, and could very well leak.  It is
however correct to say that we have not had a leak reported against
FieldStorage in particular. There were some leaks in 3.1.4, but I
thought we caught them for the 3.2.7 release.

Back to the code.

Jim