From Jorey Bump <l...@joreybump.com>
Subject Re: mod_python 3.2.9-rc2 available for testing
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:55:12 GMT
Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Mike Looijmans wrote:
>
> I think this surprised many of us, as no one on the list seems to have
> thought of that use case. Trac subclasses FieldStorage to get behaviour
> more in line with cgi.py. We don't have any prohibitions on subclassing,
> so although we didn't foresee this usage I think it is still legitimate.
>
>> I don't have a clue what the "trac" software is, but I imagine that even
>> for this particular piece of software, I may be able to come up with
>> some form of emulation (e.g. using __setattr__ hooks) that still keeps
>> it working with the patch. The question is of course, where does it stop?
>
> Trac is bugtracker / wiki that seems to be getting some traction. ;)

It's also a frontend to subversion (and other version control systems,
using plugins), which I think is responsible for its explosive
popularity. It may well become the premier application using (but not
exclusively dependent on) mod_python. I haven't used it (I'm waiting for
a stable darcs plugin), but you can get an idea of its features here:

  http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

This definitely a project we don't want to break. If I get a chance I'll
try to set up a test bed to make sure future release candidates are
compatible.

Do we have any trac developers on this list?