From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: release 3.2.10?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:34:35 GMT
Deron Meranda wrote:
> Just want some verification because I haven't seen anything
> official looking....
>
> Is 3.2.9 now considered a bad release because of its memory
> leaks, and thus will never be released?

It's not so much that it's a bad release, but rather it didn't make
sense to officially release 3.2.9 and then turn around and release
3.2.10 a week later. The leak that will be fixed in 3.2.10 is not new in
3.2.9, only newly discovered.

> Hence 3.2.10 will be
> the next hopeful stable release after 3.2.8?

Basically yes, but if you are already using 3.2.9 there is no harm
specific harm.

At any rate, I'll roll a 3.2.10 tarball for testing by the list tonight.

Jim