From Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: Need confirmation of memory leak using Apache 2.2.2.
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:09:04 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Okay, found the source of the memory leak. The problem goes right back
> to 3.1.4 which also has the problem when tested.
> Now what do we do about 3.2.10? Given that this thing leaks really badly
> when triggered shows that no one must be using multiple handler phases
> at the same time, so may be safe to still release 3.2.10 and we fix it
> in next backport release and 3.3.

Since this is a confirmed non-regression, especially one which has
existed for a long time, I don't think it makes sense to call off 3.2.10
- especially not at this late stage when all that is still needed is
official rubber-stamping of the release.

There are two very important new features coming in this release:
  * Apache 2.2 support
  * don't die in configure when using a recent bash

Max.