From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: mod_python 3.3.0-dev-20061109 available for testing (releasecandidate)
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:07:38 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Jorey Bump wrote ..
>> I've installed it on a lightly used production server so I can test it
>> against some real-world apps. Initial testing indicates that it's 10-20%
>> slower than 3.2.10; I'm not sure why.
>>
>> Can I turn on the legacy importer with a runtime configuration, or do I
>> need to recompile? I'd like to compare the two.
>
> Expected it would be slower for a few reasons. I don't have a good system on
> which to do any comparative tests, so was never sure how much performance hit
> there would be. I did state though early on that the initial aim would be to
> get it working properly and then we can look at the performance and tweak it so
> as to regain as much as possible of what was lost.

And there was no argument there. Make it work right, then make it work
fast. :)

At some point we should create some sort of a performance tuning page. I
was thinking of this the other day wrt the number of mutex locks, but at
this point we haven't done any benchmarking so the advice is... more is
better... probably. :)

Jim