From Jorey Bump <l...@joreybump.com>
Subject Re: mod_python 3.3.0-dev-20061109 available for testing (releasecandidate)
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:38:13 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> which I don't think can be used in older versions anyway. The only other area I
> have been concerned about is how we have been progressively adding to the chain
> of strcmps in request object where special stuff has to be done when accessing
> or setting attributes. This would only be an issue though if user code did lots
> of request object attribute lookups which fall into the set where the serial
> strcmps are done. Cleaning up request object was one of the things on my mental
> list for next version.

Hmm, it's interesting that you mention this, as that is what the
function I'm benchmarking does most of the time: It returns information
about the request object and its attributes, with a few sys & os objects
thrown in for reference. I wanted to test against something text-rich
and dynamic, but somewhat self-contained so I wouldn't be distracted by
external processes and their bottlenecks.

But going back to 3.2.10 hasn't restored the performance I was seeing
earlier, so this may be a nonissue. I'll report back if there are any
changes.