From Ron Reisor <...@udel.edu>
Subject Re: XCode version on Mac OS X.
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:59:04 GMT
Hi Graham,

    Apple called it Xcode 2.4.1 and it was released maybe a month ago. I
didn't try building mod_python-3.3 with Xcode 2.4.

    Here's what gcc says:

[zim:~] ron% gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-apple-darwin8
Configured with: /private/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5367.obj~1/src/configure
--disable-checking -enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man
--enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++
--program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.0/
--with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.0.0 --with-slibdir=/usr/lib
--build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --with-arch=nocona --with-tune=generic
--program-prefix= --host=i686-apple-darwin8 --target=i686-apple-darwin8
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)
[zim:~] ron%

cheers,

Ron

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> Ron, can you do me a favour and tell me which version of XCode you
> are using, the one that came with the box or whether you might have
> access to the version of XCode that was released at Mac WWDC in
> August or the one released just recently to ADC members.
>
> The easiest way is to look at the build number output from gcc with
> the -v option.
>
> graham-dumpletons-powerbook-g4-15:~ grahamd$ gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Target: powerpc-apple-darwin8
> Configured with: /private/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5341.obj~1/src/configure --disable-checking
-enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man --enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++ --program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.0/
--with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.0.0 --with-slibdir=/usr/lib --build=powerpc-apple-darwin8
--host=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --target=powerpc-apple-darwin8

>>> http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.3.0-dev-20061109.tgz