From "Graham Dumpleton" <grah...@dscpl.com.au>
Subject Re: Issues with "Session use with classes" wiki example.
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:26:31 GMT
Martin Stoufer wrote ..
> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> > Martin
> >
> > Have you been noticing the feedback on the mod_python developers
> > list about the session examples you are posting to the wiki? I ask as
> > you are getting various things wrong, with your examples actually
> > being neither robust nor secure and I haven't seen you going back
> > and addressing any of the issues raised.
>
> I haven't seen any emails. And I'm even on the SVN, python-cvs, and
> mod_python wiki lists. I am more than happy to address peoples issues.

What about the python-dev@httpd.apache.org list. Ie., the mod_python
developers list. This is where any replys to wiki update messages go.
I've seen at least one post from you got to that list, so figured you were
on it.

See:

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-python-dev/200612.mbox/%3cE346326B-4888-4B45-ACF0-BD3EF70CFBA4@dscpl.com.au%3e
  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-python-dev/200612.mbox/%3c1165274928.12130@dscpl.user.openhosting.com%3e
  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-python-dev/200612.mbox/%3c1165286707.4954@dscpl.user.openhosting.com%3e
  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-python-dev/200612.mbox/%3c1165287289.9371@dscpl.user.openhosting.com%3e

I've pushed this back onto that list now that I have got your attention
and changed the subject to match what was used for the discussion
there.

BTW, on session 3.3 page, it should be:

  PythonOption mod_python.session.session_type MemorySession

not:

  PythonOption mod_python.session.MemorySession

But then, using MemorySession as an example may not be the best.

Graham