From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: Updated documentation on apache.import_module()
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:04:09 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Jim, I have updated LaTeX documentation for the apache.import_module()
> function. Can you run it through LaTeX and fixup all my wrongly closed
> LaTeX
> formatting. :-)
>
> Can you and anyone else who is interested, read through the documentation
> I have added and comment on whether it is adequate. Ie., is there anything
> that you can think is missing based on your own knowledge of the new
> importer,
> or anything that is particularly clear.
>
> I realise that this documentation should perhaps have been in a whole
> section
> by itself, but just wanted to get something in there so we can get this
> thing out
> the door and released before I get too eager and start sneaking in even
> more
> code changes. :-)
>
> For those who don't check out code from subversion, the documentation can
> be seen at:
>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_python/trunk/Doc/modpython4.tex?view=markup
>

> Search down for 'import_module'.
>
> I'll check it all again in a day or so when I have a clear head.
>
> Graham

Quoting from import_module section of pyapi-apmeth.html#l2h-32:

"""
With the reimplementation of the module importer in mod_python 3.3, the
module_name argument may also now be an absolute path name of an actual
Python module contained in a single file. On Windows, a drive letter can
be supplied if necessary.

     from mod_python import apache
     name = apache.import_module('/some/path/name.py')
"""

The actual code tests for the presence for ["~/", "./", "../"] so maybe
it needs to be explicitly stated that Unix style path separators are
required on Windows? I don't do python on Windows, so maybe that is
standard practice, but explicit is better than implicit.

Jim