From Eric Brunson <brun...@brunson.com>
Subject Re: Apache log messages
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:29:31 GMT
Platform: FreeBSD 6.1, Apache 2.0.55 (mpm_prefork), Python 2.4.3,
mod_python 3.3 (20061130232253 snapshot).

Well, I see the problem is that httpd is getting started up close enough
to the same time every boot cycle that the worker processes are getting
the same semaphore file names.  For some reason FreeBSD doesn't clean
out /tmp on boot by default.  I can't seem to find any cleanup mechanism
for the files on shutdown, but the 80 or so mutex files seem to
correspond to server crashes and stopping and starting apache normally
doesn't result in orphaned files.

Sorry to bug you all, the answers were all there in the source.