ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Sree V <sree_at_ch...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:15:46 GMT
Hi Selva,

Would you move the built files from under your name directory to argus project directory ?More
appropriate would be,

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/

Thanking you.

With Regards
Sree

On Friday, October 17, 2014 1:07 PM, Sree V <sree_at_chess@yahoo.com> wrote:

+1

Thanking you.

With Regards
Sree

On Friday, October 17, 2014 12:45 PM, Madhan Neethiraj <madhan@apache.org> wrote:

+1

Madhan

On 10/17/14, 9:55 AM, "Ramesh Mani" <rmani@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>+1
>
>Regards,
>Ramesh
>
>On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sneethir@apache.org>
>wrote:
>
>> All:
>>
>> Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for
>>providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive,
>>HBase, Knox and Storm.
>> Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view
>>audit information.
>>
>> With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache
>>Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).
>>
>> I have build the binary tar files
 from Argus source (main branch - tag
>>"0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory:
>>http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/
>><http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>
>>
>> Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to
>>Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:
>>http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html
>><http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Selva-
>>

>--
>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
>which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
>privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
>of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>that
>any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
>forwarding of this communication is strictly
 prohibited. If you have