ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 00:32:41 GMT
Dilli, thanks

Do you have the list of files which needs copyright?

Thanks

Bosco

On Oct 17, 2014, at 5:28 PM, Dilli Arumugam <darumugam@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Bosco,
>
> I have added Apache License Header  in most of  the files missing copyrights.
>
> Replaced XASecure copyright with Apache License header in all the files having XASecure
copyright.

> Now, only a few files are missing copyright or have non apache copyright. These files
would require some thought and we would have to add  LICENSE and NOTICE files.

> Thanks
> dilli
>

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Don Bosco Durai <bdurai@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Should we plan to do a source release, instead of a binary release?
>
> Also, since this is our first release via Apache, we need to review all the copyrights,
licenses, etc.

> Owen and other mentors, can you help us here by directing us to the right documentation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bosco
>
> On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sneethir@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > All:
> >
> > Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for providing Authorization
for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive, HBase, Knox and Storm.

and placed them into my home directory: http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/

and publish the tarballs on the project web page:  http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html
<http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.

> > Thanks,
> > Selva-
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.