ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Dilli Arumugam <darumu...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Argus dev/user group - request for initiating a new release - 0.4.0
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 00:28:27 GMT
Bosco,

I have added Apache License Header  in most of  the files missing
copyrights.

Replaced XASecure copyright with Apache License header in all the files
having XASecure copyright.

Now, only a few files are missing copyright or have non apache copyright.
These files would require some thought and we would have to add  LICENSE
and NOTICE files.

Thanks
dilli

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Don Bosco Durai <bdurai@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Should we plan to do a source release, instead of a binary release?
>
> Also, since this is our first release via Apache, we need to review all
> the copyrights, licenses, etc.
>
> Owen and other mentors, can you help us here by directing us to the right
> documentation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bosco
>
> On Oct 17, 2014, at 12:59 AM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sneethir@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > All:
> >
> > Currently, Apache Argus source code has complete functionalities for
> providing Authorization for the following Hadoop Components: HDFS, Hive,
> HBase, Knox and Storm.
> > Also, it has a fully functional UI to manage authorization and view
> audit information.
> >
> > With these big features, I propose to do a release of Apache
> Argus/Ranger (version 0.4.0).
> >
> > I have build the binary tar files from Argus source (main branch - tag
> "0.4.0-rc1") and placed them into my home directory:
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/ <
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/argus/argus-0.4.0-rc1/>
> >
> > Please vote within next 48 hours for me to send this release request to
> Apache Incubator and publish the tarballs on the project web page:
> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html <
> http://argus.incubator.apache.org/download.html%20rg>.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Selva-