ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Hellmar Becker <bec...@hellmar-becker.de>
Subject Question about Ranger architecture
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:46:13 GMT
Good morning,

We are planning to use Ranger to secure our (Hortonworks based)
datalake at ING Bank. In this context, a few questions came up:

- I read that Ranger deploys plugins to the HDFS, Hive, and HBase
services that implement access control. Do these plugins run as
separate processes or more like dynamic libraries inside the main
service?
- What happens if one of the plugins goes down or becomes unavailable?
Will the services then be unsecured, or closed to all, or even unable
to run?

Kind regards,
Hellmar Becker

Hellmar Becker