ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Balaji Ganesan <bgane...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Ranger integrate with LDAP
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 02:17:22 GMT
Hi Jian, would you be interested in building this capability within Ranger?

> On Jan 14, 2015, at 7:56 PM, 黄健 <huangjian5@jd.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>      The document for Hue integrate with LDAP which I found is the url blew
>      http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Configuring+Hue+3.x+with+LDAP#ConfiguringHue3.xwithLDAP-LDAPauthentication
>
> http://gethue.com/making-hadoop-accessible-to-your-employees-with-ldap/
>
> The second url is the official for Hue configuration.If you want to see the procedure
code , you can see the url from GitHub blow .I hope it is useful for you to improve Ranger
integrate with LDAP
> https://github.com/cloudera/hue
>
> Thanks !
> Yours sincerely, Jian Huang
> Beijing China

the username can be synced, First Name and Last Name sync too,but it is the same as username.The
groups did not work,can you issue a document,which show us how to configure Ranger with  LDAP
 synchronization.

>     I think you can add some button in the Ranger UI , just like hue User Admin, so we
can control the  synchronization.