ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Alok Lal <a...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Request for pointers on enhancing Ranger.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 18:51:41 GMT
Can you explain your use case a bit please?

 I am attempting to enhance Ranger with my own ACLs which are currently
> being used for encryption decryption operations performed in hadoop.

I trust when you say hadoop you mean the HDFS DFS.  Right?  Where are you
current ACLs?  Are you looking to replicate the ACL that are used for
encryption to also be used for access, too?  Or are you trying to use
Ranger policies to enforce encryption/decryption?

--
"* ... there is nothing more secure then a computer which is not connected
to the network --- and powered off!...*" - from Kerberos Introduction

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE