ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Gautam Borad <gbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Ranger integrate with LDAP
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 05:53:49 GMT
Hi Jian,
    Please find my answers inline in blue.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 9:11 AM, 黄健 <huangjian5@jd.com> wrote:

>   Dear Sir:
>       Now I try to integrate Ranger with LDAP, also I try to integrate
> Hue with LDAP.when I configure the three tools ,it worked.But I found som
> trouble with them.
> 1. When Hue integrates with LDAP,it use LDAP backend, so I can manage the
> user infomation with LDAP ,it have interface like this
>
>  I hope Ranger can refer to the hue system,

Currently we dont integrate with Hue users. Whatever users are set to be
synced from LDAP will be made available in Ranger Admin ( independent of
Hue configuration)

2. When I use synchronizate users and groups,some infomation like first
> name, last name ,email, can not synchronizate to Ranger. And Ranger will
> create groups for users,but the grous are not useful.

As of now Ranger will only sync username and groupnames, syncing other
information is in the pipeline.

> 3. From all above I think we need the function which can delete users or
> groups,I hope Ranger have a friendly interface to us.

Yes, there is already a Jira where we are discussing this functionality :
RANGER-205 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-205>

--
Regards,
Gautam.